RPM is dedicated to providing the highest quality and service to their customers. Our custom made templates are designed to give your Bike, Sled, or Xessory the fullest body coverage while at the same time utilizing our bubble-free material for ease of installation. You don't have to be an installation professional to apply our decals, however we do suggest you follow the guidelines below:
- Remove the graphx from the roll and lay them on a clean, flat surface and allow them to straighten out for 1-2 hours (unless graphx were sent in our flat packages).
- Room temperature of at least 21˚C (70˚F) is recommended. For sled graphx, the plastics & graphx must sit inside to warm up thoroughly for a minimum of 1 hour prior to installation.
- Clean plastics/surface with Isopropyl Alcohol (70% preferably-can be purchased at pharmacy) and a clean shop towel. Remove any big nicks or gouges in the plastics.
- We recommend leaving your MX/Sled Plastics on your machine, this lets you push and work your graphx without it moving around.
- (With paper backing still on) Line up graphx to visually understand how they will line up. Our templates are designed to stay about 1/8 inch from the panel edges and bolt holes.
- Remove paper backing from your graphx and install - Sometimes it's helpful to tape the graphx down(with backing still on), remove half the backing and install one half at a time. This allows you to be more precise with your graphx placement.
- Apply graphx - Starting from one end, using your thumb and fingers or felt squeegee, press/rub graphx on making sure to cover every inch as you apply.
- Difficult curves will require the use of a heat gun to soften the graphics and make them easier to install. Do not over heat your graphx. This can melt or damage the material. Make them warm to touch, and continue to press on graphx.
- Once your graphx are installed, we recommend going over everything a final time a heat gun/hair dryer to properly cure the adhesive.
- Take pictures and show them off!